Carol DiBattiste is an experienced public-company executive and senior government official. She has an extensive track record of success in operations, strategy, cybersecurity, risk management, regulatory compliance, privacy, transformation and culture.
She has Board experience and is National Association of Corporate Directors NACD Directorship Certified™. Carol’s current Board experience includes technology provider Wayside Technology Group, Inc. (WSTG), and artificial intelligence provider Giant Oak. She also serves on the Advisory Board of AEye, a high performance active LiDAR technology company, and as an Operating Advisor to Liberty Hall Capital Partners, a private equity leader in global Aerospace and Defense. She previously served on SPAC, university, non-profit and advisory boards.
In each company position, she has worked to create and sustain positive results:
• Comscore, (SCOR), EVP, Chief Legal & Compliance Officer and Corporate Secretary (2019 - 2020); General Counsel & Chief Compliance, Privacy, and People Officer and Corporate Secretary (2017- 2019)
• Education Management Corporation (EDMC), EVP, Chief Legal, Privacy, Security, and Administrative Officer (2013 - 2016)
• GeekNet (GKNT), EVP, General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer (2011 - 2013)
• Reed Elsevier/LexisNexis (RELX), SVP, Privacy and Security (2008 - 2011)
• ChoicePoint (CPS), EVP, General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer (2005 - 2008), Chief Credentialing, Compliance and Privacy Officer (2005)
Her government senior executive experience includes, but is not limited to, serving as:
• Executive in Charge and Vice Chairman, Board of Veterans’ Appeals (2016 - 2017); Senior Advisor to Secretary for Appeals Modernization (2016), Department of Veterans Affairs
• Deputy Administrator (2004 - 2005); Chief of Staff (2003- 2004), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security
• Honorable Under Secretary of the Air Force (Senate confirmed), Department of Defense (1999 - 2001)
• Director of the Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys, Department of Justice, (1994 - 1997)
• Deputy United States Attorney, Southern District of Florida, DOJ (1994-1997)
• Principal Deputy General Counsel of the Navy, Department of Defense (1993 – 1994)
Carol also served on active duty in the U.S. Air Force with a distinguished and highly decorated military career. She is licensed to practice law in FL and D.C., holds a Secret Level National Security Clearance, is a volunteer for Policy Vets, mentors students and lawyers, and is a speaker on Risk, Compliance, Cybersecurity, and Leadership. Carol holds a Master of Laws Degree from the Columbia University School of Law, a Law Degree from Temple University School of Law, and a Bachelor of Arts Degree with honors from LaSalle University. She also completed the Harvard Business School Strategic Leadership Program, Carnegie Mellon University Cybersecurity Oversight Certification, and Boston University Questrom School of Business Mini MBA Program.